These are just some of the interests of the wonderful people we support and we’re looking for individuals with similar hobbies and interests to join our expanding team of support workers.
We support people, predominantly with learning disabilities, in their own homes and believe that care should be entirely person centred with the greatest regard for the individual’s choices, abilities and wishes.
Rob Anscomb-Gates, CEO of Frontier said: “We’re really keen to find new Frontier team members who are as passionate as the rest of us about supporting adults to increase their independent living skills and ambitious for them to take an active part in their community.”
We have a number of vacancies and full details can be found here. Ideally, the successful candidates will have the following skills and experiences :
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate across a range of styles to suit the person being supported
- Ability to manage their own time effectively with limited supervision
- Previous experience working in the field of learning disabilities
- Knowledge of supported living, Person Centred Plans, ‘Valuing People (2000)’ and challenging behaviour
- To have or be working towards NVQ level 2
- To work in a way that places the person first, and has the greatest regard for their choices, abilities and wishes
- Current driving licence